Friday, August 31, 2012

Monique's Twist Out


My BC was January 3, 2012, and since then I have been using twist outs as my protective style.

I never realized how much I had fallen in love with my hair until a month ago.

This has been a journey filled with joy and sometimes tears but at the end of the day when I'm in my bathroom doing my hair I feel empowered, happy, and relaxed. 

It wasn't always like that when I was transitioning, it felt like I was on an island by myself with no GPS.

I was confused, I stayed on natural hair blogs, tried googl-ing everything about transitioning, and natural hair care, until I learned how to treat my new growth.

I transitioned for 5months, and then my sister big chopped me. I had less than two inches of hair, when I was bc'ed. Below are pictures of my twist out at 8 months and I love it.

Instead of the strange stares that I received at the beginning of the year, I am now receiving compliments and smiles from people. Everyone loves my new style. My father was my biggest critic, but now he brags to others about how beautiful my hair is.

This makes me smiles so much.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment