Friday, August 31, 2012

Braid Outs the Perfect Protective Style


 One of my favorite protective styles are braid outs. Braid outs are a great protective style because the ends of your hair do not rub on your shirt and they require no heat.

Braid outs are the best way to stretch a relaxer. These pictures show my hair at 8 weeks post relaxer.

Below are details on how to create your own braid out style.

After I co-wash with Aussie Moist and Silicon Mix, I apply my leave in mixture and braid my hair in two pocohontas braids. I then roll the ends of the braids using a perm roller.

When I awake in the morning, I place oil (jojoba oil) on my hands and unbraid my hair. Since my hair is mid-back length (MBL) my braids are still damp in the morning.

After I undo my braids, I seperate the braids and fluff.

This style generally lasts for 3-4 days, in between my co-washing sessions. Once the ends start to frizz, I pull my hair into an updo.




No comments:

Post a Comment